Thursday, March 10, 2011

Deck Review: K.M.P (Karakuri Machine Plants)

After working with Karakuris some I began running a Salvo build and quickly realized that speed and consistency was sorely lacking even though the Machine Duplication OTK was cool as H3ll.

While I was looking at some of the Machina builds I realized that all I wanted to do was get out a bunch of Karakuri (KK) synchros as fast and as consistently as possible. To do this first you have to look at the KK synchros

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 “Burei” (aka Rei)
Earth | 7 stars | Machine | Synchro | ATK/ 2600 | DEF/1900
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
(Trigger) When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. 
(Ignition) Once per turn, you can select 1 monster on the field, and change its battle position.


Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido" (aka Burrito LOL) 
Earth | 8 stars | Machine | Synchro | ATK/ 2800 | DEF/1700
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
(Trigger) When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. 
(Ignition) Once per turn, when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed,draw 1 card.



So for our build we are going to focus on-
1.) Getting these guys out (7&8 Stars with a non tuner machine) 
2.) Utilizing the trigger effects to grab more KK synchros 
3.) Utilizing the Ignition effects for hand advantage

Lets look at the cards that can get em out. Im going to leave of talking about the KK tuners for a moment. If speed is our goal we want special summons or at least good search ability. 

Spore and Glow Up Bulb do the trick especially when comboed with one for one and Lonefire. Being one stars that can return for one more syncro it makes going from Rei to Burrito a cinch. And if you remove a bulb for spore spore is a 2 if you remove lonefire he's a 4. So with the plant tuners alone we need some level 4-6 special summonable machine type monsters.

Machina Fortress is an easy choice, searchable with gearframe and easily specialed with the machine line up in the deck. 7+1=Burrito

Cyber Dragon should make an appearance regardless so you dont get Chimerateched but a special summoned 5 means you can remove Glow Up for a level 2 spore and synch for Rei, But even more consistent is Formula Synchron. (well heck if your gonna run lonefire, spore, GUB toss that dandylion in there and feel the token love, Foolish Burial makes sense in the deck anyways so let your plants represent)

Speaking of SSable level 5s can you think of any other? How about our celebrated reptilian Samus Aran impersonator, Cyber Saurus. Who???

This Guy!!!!


Well how are we gonna make him? Instant Fusion. You know that spell card that looks like a cup of Ramen.

But last but not least DONT EVER FORGET ABOUT YOUR SYNCHROS!!! Ally of Justice Catastor is a machine as is your Armory Arm (which is really cool when you look at your karakuri tuners level 4 and 3 :) )

Speaking of the Karakuri's (wait not yet)

Im going to add another P to KMP (well maybe not KMPP sounds kinda bad) Lets take a quick look at the Psychic tuner engine. Emergency teleport is rockin' here you can grab 2 targets Mind Master (a level one tuner) and Psychic Comander a DESPERATELY needed level 3 (4+3=7 & 5+3=8, ya feel me)

No with all that said the Karakuris. The heart and soul is this guy
Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 “Nishipachi”
Level 3 Tuner (3+4=7), grabbable with Rei and Burrito, plus his effect can let you draw a card if you have Burrito up on the field.

My other KKs:
Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan": level 4 tuner (4+4=a tasty burrito), cant be destroyed by battle and in the rare case u take battle damage from this card u pump your KKs up by 800 atk. nifty if you gotta get over something big.

my other 2 are non-tuners to give you targets you can synch with your other tuners.
Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa": level 4, 2100 atk (bring him out when you need to swing for game or synch)
Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick": level 4, 1700 atk that when you destroy an opponent's monster by battle to the graveyard he can grab your strategist or watchdog to synch with.
Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 "Nisamu": Can get you a level 4 or lower KK from deck when destroyed by battle



THE LIST

Monsters (21)
III Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nispachi"
I Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa"
I Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick"
I Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 "Nisamu"
I Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan"


II Cyber Dragon
III Machina Gearframe
II Machina Fortress


I Dandylion
I Glow-up Bulb
II Lonefire Blossom
I Spore
I Mind Master
I Psychic Commander

Spells (13)
I Dark Hole
I Emergency Teleport
I Foolish Burial
I Giant Trunade
I Instant Fusion
I Limiter Removal
I Monster Reborn
I Mind Control
II Mystical Space Typhoon
I One for One
II Pot of Duality

Traps (5)
I Call Of The Haunted
I Mirror Force
I Solemn Judgment
II Solemn Warning
I Trap Dustshoot

Extra (15)
I Armory Arm
I Ally of Justice Catastor
I Black Rose Dragon
I Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
I Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
I Colossal Fighter
I Cyber Saurus
II Formula Synchron
III Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido"
III Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"


PS..
Its worth while to note that the introduction of psycics here in this build, I personally see a a temporary fix untill we get some cards like:
 Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 “Ninishi” in Extreem Victory then we can bump up the KK count and really run it how it should be run where we go for Rei use the effect then get a level 1 tuner out to go for Burrito, It does kinda hurt to go right to Burrito leaving Rei all lonely in the extra deck. Genex Neutron seems a bit slow to me but for those out there that prefer you can pull the Psychic cards and run him instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment