Friday, March 11, 2011

New Set ≈ Structure Deck: Dragunity Legion



The New Structure Deck: Dragunity Legion came out 2 days ago and I finally Picked one up (well 3 actually LOL) I gotta say they are a blast to play.  If your looking to run the deck I wanted to show you a quick way to do it, utilizing as much of the included cards as possible.

This may or not be the best build, but its a good core to work with that utilizes a good chunk of the structure deck. After the list I put some combos and the list Im currently working with

I highlighted the cards that come in the structure deck which is about half the deck. The biggest issues your gonna hit besides having to find the dragunity synchros will be Phlanx who is not in the structure deck, and IMO essential. The other key synchros would be Scrap, Stardust and Trident Dragon

MONSTERS (15)
II Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
I Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
II Dragunity Aklys
III Dragunity Dux
III Dragunity Legionnaire
I Dragunity Brandistock
III Dragunity Phalanx

SPELLS (16)
III Dragon Ravine

I Book of Moon
III Cards of Consonance
I Dark Hole
I Giant Trunade
I Monster Reborn
II MST
I Pot of Avarice
III Terraforming

TRAPS (10)
I Mirror Force
II Bottomless Trap Hole
I Icarus Attack

II Solemn Warning
I Solemn Judgement
II Compulsory Evacuation Device
I Torrential Tribute


EXTRA (15)
I Ally of Justice Catastor
I Black Rose Dragon
I Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
I Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg
III Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana
I Five Headed Dragon
I Mist Wurm
I Red Dragon Archfiend
I Scrap Dragon
II Stardust Dragon
II Trident Dragion
I Vortex the Whirlwind

Its a pretty straight forward build and a good starting point for those looking to buy the structure deck and start playing.

Here are some of the basic combos to look out for:
  • Legionnaire equipped w/ Aklys: Destroy 1 Monster and 1 Card (chain Icarus attack to desroy 2 more)
  • Mystletainn equipped w/ Brandistock: 2100 dual attacker (Dux+Brandi = 1900 x 2 )
  • Using Aklys to summon causes the summoned monster's effect to miss timing but leaves no opportunity to be bottomlessed, torrentialed etc. (gets your Leyvaten out safely)
  • Vajrayana equipped w/ Aklys: 3800ATK and destroy one card
  • Ravine can dump Leyvaten in the grave 
  • Leyvaten tunes with  Phalanx to make Trident Dragion 
  • When looking to make synchros consider equipping Brandistock instead it can be less risky and deal more damage at times
  • Scrap Dragon's effect using Aklys means destroy 2 cards
To help you remember I modified the Dragunity play mat that comes with the deck with some helpful tips
Lehigh Dulelist's Dragunity mat for dummies


Ley La Loop
LaDD is a great tech card in this deck but not for the regular reasons since you probably wont summon him. Decks that run more than 1 Leyvaten can look to dump LaDD via Ravine. Then summon Leyvaten equipping LaDD to him. Now If either are destroyed then LaDD's effect activates in the grave whiping your field but letting you special your Leyvaten back. Rinse and repeat till your opponant wants to bash your skull in. 

I like this combo which will show in my current build below that Im testing now. Im still fine tuning 

MONSTERS (15)
II Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
II Dragunity Aklys
III Dragunity Dux
III Dragunity Legionnaire
I Dragunity Brandistock
III Dragunity Phalanx
I Light and Darkness Dragon
I Effect Veiler
I Morphing Jar


SPELLS (16)
III Dragon Ravine
I Book of Moon
III Cards of Consonance
I Dark Hole
I Future Fusion
I Giant Trunade
I Monster Reborn
II MST
I Pot of Avarice
III Terraforming


TRAPS (10)
I Mirror Force
II Bottomless Trap Hole
I Call of the Haunted
II Solemn Warning
I Solemn Judgement
I Torrential Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment